Companion Care at Home
What Is Companion Care?
Companion care is most suitable for someone without mobility challenges. Someone who does not need help with day-to-day activities such as toileting, bathing, dressing, motility. This type of care is designed to improve the quality of life in other ways. Caregivers act as partners to your loved one and share in your loved one’s hobbies and activities, accompany your loved one to appointments and social events and engage in friendly conversations.
Companion Care Services
In addition to acting as a social lifeline for aging adults, our companion caregivers can also provide help with day-to-day activities, including:
- Light housekeeping
- Meal planning and preparation
- Help with errands
- Participating in your loved one’s hobbies
- Assistance with basic exercising
At Inn Home Care, your loved one’s companion care plan will be drawn up to suit their specific circumstances and needs.
Benefits of Companion Care Services
- Companionship can be very important for socially isolated adults. Social isolation has been shown to dramatically increase the risk of health complications and mortality in aging adults.
- Companion caregivers provide emotional support to those who are grieving or struggling with day-to-day activities due to illness or disability
- Companion caregiving reduces family caregiver exhaustion and burnout.
- By helping with meal preparation and exercise, companion caregivers can help your loved one stay healthy and well nourished and healthy.
- Comforts of Home: According to AARP, 95% of adults older than 65 prefer to age in place at home rather than go to a nursing home or assisted living facility. With companion care services, your loved one can be kept safe and independent at home.
Providing exceptional Companion Care in Fontana, Rancho Cucamonga, Upland, Claremont, Riverside, San Bernardino, Rialto, West Covina, Glendale, Whittier, & Ontario.
Companion Care vs. Personal Care
- Companion care services tend to focus on social needs while personal-care services emphasize physical assistance with activities of daily living such as toileting and bathing.
- Personal or private duty caregiving covers the basic care duties of companion caregiving while also providing physical assistance to clients.
- Personal care services can also include non-medical assistance for chronic conditions such as diabetes or Parkinson’s.
- Many older adults can age in place with the help of companion caregiving. However, seniors who require advanced care or physical assistance may need personal care to live at home safely and comfortably.
Caregivers are partners for favorite hobbies and activities, accompany clients on appointments and social outings, and engage in friendly conversations with their loved ones.
Why Choose Inn Home Care, LLC for Companion Care?
- Choose us because at INN Home Care we understand that when you hire us, out duty is to provide you the peace of mind you need from knowing that your loved one is in good hands.
- Choose us because our caregivers are experienced, warm and compassionate and have met all FBI criminal clearance and health check requirements.
- Choose us because we provide legal and financial protections for you, your loved one and family.
- Up to $3m each in aggregate in General and Professional Liability insurance that protects you and your loved one against bodily injuries or damage to your physical property; including a $100,000 to protect against claims arising from sexual molestation.
- We provide workers compensation coverage and unemployment insurance coverage for our caregivers. You or your loved one will never be held responsible for a caregiver’s lost wages, no matter what.
- We carry additional auto insurance coverage that covers your loved one while being driven in the caregiver’s car.
- We carry a Dishonesty Bond in the amount of $10,000.00 that covers loss due to theft etc of you or your loved one’s valuable possessions such as watches or other jewelry
- Choose us because we offer an individualized care plan for your loved one, taking into consideration their personal preferences and beliefs, habits, living arrangements, health concerns and personality.
- Choose us because we will work with your schedule. Our caregivers plan care visits around your loved one’s routine and schedule as well as around the routine and schedule of family caregivers. With us, the schedule you want is the schedule you get
- Choose us because we understand that getting started with at-home care can be difficult and confusing. That is why we have gone the extra mile to make the process less stressful for families. We make it easy for you to find answers to any questions you may have and hope that our FAQ page addresses most of your important concerns.
- Choose us because we employ a registered nurse who makes regular visits to you or your loved one’s home as part of our quality assurance program.
- Choose us because we do non-scheduled supervisory visits to your loved one’s home as part of our quality assurance program
- Choose us because someone is always available to help when you call our office, day and night, 7 days a week.
- Choose us because we mandate ongoing caregiver training.
- Choose us because all our caregivers are qualified and registered on the California Department of Social Services’ Home Care Aide Registry.
Inn Home Care, LLC is a California registered, insured and bonded in-home care agency serving cities in the Inland Empire, Los Angeles County, and surrounding areas.
We provide services to individuals who cannot take care of themselves and assist them with daily living activities such as bathing, dressing, toileting, meal preparation, housekeeping, doctor’s appointments, medication reminders, & companionship.
People who may benefit from using our services include those experiencing cognitive and memory loss conditions like:
- dementia or Alzheimer’s;
- people experiencing mental or physical disabilities;
- people with chronic illnesses;
- people experiencing restricted physical mobility as a result of paralysis from stroke or accidents;
- older and aging people.
These individuals often have trouble performing daily life activities like getting in and out of bed, bathing, & running errands. We can help.
We provide screened, qualified and compassionate caregivers to provide care to you or your loved one at your home or in an assisted living facility.
In-home caregiving will enable your loved one to age-in-place in the safety and comfort of home.
We draw up and provide a written Care Plan that is tailored and customized to suit your loved one’s needs taking their personality, age, likes and dislikes, financial ability, beliefs, and preferences into consideration..
Our caregivers implement the Care Plan and help your loved one every step of the way with all activities of daily living including:
- medication reminders,
- transport to doctor’s appointments,
- incontinence assistance,
- mobility assistance,
- feeding and meal preparation,
- toileting assistance,
- pet care,
- housekeeping & more.
You might consider starting home care services if any of these apply to you:
- Are you or a loved one experiencing limited mobility as a result of an accident or paralysis from stroke?
- Are you or a loved one experiencing memory loss and may or may not have been diagnosed with Dementia or Alzheimer’s?
- Are you experiencing other chronic conditions as a result of aging?
- Are you experiencing mental or physical disability of any type that makes it challenging to accomplish daily tasks?
- Are you worried about an aging loved one falling or has a loved one been sadly and regrettably injured in a fall already?
We understand your pain and concerns about losing your independence, but hopefully, not being able to walk up a flight of stairs unaided does not mean a move to a facility is required as a permanent decision, with our help you can stay at home.
It is very sad if you are experiencing limited mobility due to paralysis from stroke or an accident, but we hope that a move to a facility should not necessarily be the next step – with home care, you can stay at home.
We know that it is painful to watch your loved one lose their memory or watch them wander aimlessly and we know you are concerned about their safety – we can help with round-the-clock home care.
We are here to help you and provide peace of mind to your family and loved ones.
Though we are not family, we intend to care for you like one.