What is Respite Care?
Respite care supports family members who provide home care to a loved one. Are you the primary caregiver for an aging or disabled family member? Your love and commitment to your aging or disabled family member is unquestionable but you may find yourself in situations that make it impossible to care for your family member as you would like to. Maybe you need to attend to an urgent unplanned obligation. Maybe you need to do other activities with other family members. Maybe you just need to take a walk in the park to distract yourself. Respite care gives family caregivers time they can devote to self-care, reducing the risk of caregiver burnout. Inn Home Care respite caregivers can fill in for you when you need a much needed, much deserved break.
Respite care typically involves short care visits. However, visits can also be arranged on a routine basis on a weekly, bi-weekly or monthly schedule. Our flexible approach to care planning is designed to ensure that you and your loved one get the respite care services you need. These visits make it possible for family caregivers to take time off unpaid caregiving duties. With Inn Home Care respite caregivers, your loved one’s quality of care will not be compromised when you take a break. We will step right in. If you provide care to a parent, spouse, grandparent or kids and you need outside assistance, our respite caregivers are ready to lend a helping hand.
In addition to standard services like companion care services and personal care services, we offer a number of specialized services including Alzheimer’s and Dementia care, If your loved one requires specialized care, Inn Home Care can provide compassionate and skilled respite caregivers with expertise in these areas. Generally, services provided will assist with the following:
- Toileting and incontinence care and assistance.
- Light housekeeping.
- Help with errands – groceries and doctor’s (and other) appointments.
- Bathing, grooming and dressing assistance.
- Meal planning and preparation.
- Medication reminders.
- Mobility and transfer assistance, help getting in and out of bed.
- Pet care.
- Companionship – participate in your loved one’s hobbies etc.
- Help with booking appointments.
Providing exceptional Respite Home Care in Fontana, Rancho Cucamonga, Upland, Claremont, Riverside, San Bernardino, Rialto, West Covina, Glendale, Whittier, & Ontario.
Benefits of Respite Care
- Live-in caregivers provide emotional support to those who are grieving or struggling with day-to-day activities due to illness or disability
- Reduces family caregiver exhaustion and burnout.
With Respite Home Care, we can step in and care for your loved one while you take a break
Why Choose Inn Home Care, LLC for Respite Home Care?
- Choose us because at INN Home Care we understand that when you hire us, out duty is to provide you the peace of mind you need from knowing that your loved one is in good hands.
- Choose us because our caregivers are experienced, warm and compassionate and have met all FBI criminal clearance and health check requirements.
- Choose us because we provide legal and financial protections for you, your loved one and family.
- Up to $3m each in aggregate in General and Professional Liability insurance that protects you and your loved one against bodily injuries or damage to your physical property; including a $100,000 to protect against claims arising from sexual molestation.
- We provide workers compensation coverage and unemployment insurance coverage for our caregivers. You or your loved one will never be held responsible for a caregiver’s lost wages, no matter what.
- We carry additional auto insurance coverage that covers your loved one while being driven in the caregiver’s car.
- We carry a Dishonesty Bond in the amount of $10,000.00 that covers loss due to theft etc of you or your loved one’s valuable possessions such as watches or other jewelry
- Choose us because we offer an individualized care plan for your loved one, taking into consideration their personal preferences and beliefs, habits, living arrangements, health concerns and personality.
- Choose us because we will work with your schedule. Our caregivers plan care visits around your loved one’s routine and schedule as well as around the routine and schedule of family caregivers. With us, the schedule you want is the schedule you get
- Choose us because we understand that getting started with at-home care can be difficult and confusing. That is why we have gone the extra mile to make the process less stressful for families. We make it easy for you to find answers to any questions you may have and hope that our FAQ page addresses most of your important concerns.
- Choose us because we employ a registered nurse who makes regular visits to you or your loved one’s home as part of our quality assurance program.
- Choose us because we do non-scheduled supervisory visits to your loved one’s home as part of our quality assurance program
- Choose us because someone is always available to help when you call our office, day and night, 7 days a week.
- Choose us because we mandate ongoing caregiver training.
- Choose us because all our caregivers are qualified and registered on the California Department of Social Services’ Home Care Aide Registry.
Inn Home Care, LLC is a California registered, insured and bonded in-home care agency serving cities in the Inland Empire, Los Angeles County, and surrounding areas.
We provide services to individuals who cannot take care of themselves and assist them with daily living activities such as bathing, dressing, toileting, meal preparation, housekeeping, doctor’s appointments, medication reminders, & companionship.
People who may benefit from using our services include those experiencing cognitive and memory loss conditions like:
- dementia or Alzheimer’s;
- people experiencing mental or physical disabilities;
- people with chronic illnesses;
- people experiencing restricted physical mobility as a result of paralysis from stroke or accidents;
- older and aging people.
These individuals often have trouble performing daily life activities like getting in and out of bed, bathing, & running errands. We can help.
We provide screened, qualified and compassionate caregivers to provide care to you or your loved one at your home or in an assisted living facility.
In-home caregiving will enable your loved one to age-in-place in the safety and comfort of home.
We draw up and provide a written Care Plan that is tailored and customized to suit your loved one’s needs taking their personality, age, likes and dislikes, financial ability, beliefs, and preferences into consideration..
Our caregivers implement the Care Plan and help your loved one every step of the way with all activities of daily living including:
- medication reminders,
- transport to doctor’s appointments,
- incontinence assistance,
- mobility assistance,
- feeding and meal preparation,
- toileting assistance,
- pet care,
- housekeeping & more.
You might consider starting home care services if any of these apply to you:
- Are you or a loved one experiencing limited mobility as a result of an accident or paralysis from stroke?
- Are you or a loved one experiencing memory loss and may or may not have been diagnosed with Dementia or Alzheimer’s?
- Are you experiencing other chronic conditions as a result of aging?
- Are you experiencing mental or physical disability of any type that makes it challenging to accomplish daily tasks?
- Are you worried about an aging loved one falling or has a loved one been sadly and regrettably injured in a fall already?
We understand your pain and concerns about losing your independence, but hopefully, not being able to walk up a flight of stairs unaided does not mean a move to a facility is required as a permanent decision, with our help you can stay at home.
It is very sad if you are experiencing limited mobility due to paralysis from stroke or an accident, but we hope that a move to a facility should not necessarily be the next step – with home care, you can stay at home.
We know that it is painful to watch your loved one lose their memory or watch them wander aimlessly and we know you are concerned about their safety – we can help with round-the-clock home care.
We are here to help you and provide peace of mind to your family and loved ones.
Though we are not family, we intend to care for you like one.